Thank you for your interest in the Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center ! We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus. For available full-time, part-time instructors, internships, and volunteer positions, we will respond directly to applicants that best match the qualifications for the open positions.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and references in person at the front desk or email us at email@example.com. We hire team members in a variety of areas and expertise, so additional emails may/will be provided for different positions. Please contact us at 719.295.7200 for more information and any follow up questions.
The Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Events and Venue Liaison
Reports to: Director of Facilities & Conference Services
Supervises: Facilities Technician
Schedule: Full-time, includes evenings and weekends. Hours may change from week to week with the average timeframes ranging between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., or 3 p.m. to midnight. The actual schedule will be based upon Sangre de Cristo events and administrative needs.
The Events and Venue Liaison is a sales and hospitality position that will assist in overseeing, and leading customer service and guest interactions with venue rentals for internal and external event clients, in collaboration with Facilities & Conference Services. The candidate will successfully work with venue clients (including performance clients), caterers, vendors, and guests while creating exceptional service from the beginning to the end of events in line with the Director of Facilities & Conference Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations of the Arts Center’s facilities, organizing audio visual needs, and securing the building with the facilities team at the end of events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and perform other duties as assigned.
- Successfully interacts and serves as point-of-contact for internal and external clients, caterers, wedding/event planners, vendors, and guests to ensure excellent and high-quality guest experiences at the Arts Center
- Acts as the House Manager for performing arts events in the theatre
- Assists in booking performers
- Reports the status of ticket sales to Arts Center Administration, Director of Facilities, and other Directors at the Arts Center
- Ability to work with and draft set-up sheets and internal forms for events
- Assists in running the box office for performing arts as needed
- Provides customer service support for artists and performing troupes upon their arrival
- Ensures that the hospitality accommodations are prepped and provided on performance dates for contract artists/troupes
- Books hotel accommodations as needed for contract artists/troupes
- Maintains a welcoming environment and demeanor while servicing guests in person, on the phone or via email
- Actively engage and respond promptly to venue clients, vendors, and guests along with communicating their concerns to the Director of Facilities & Conference Services
- Oversees vendor set up, teardown and cleanup of event spaces
- Sets up the event per the client’s specification and maintains event spaces throughout the event
- Ensures total compliance with the Art Center’s contracts, rules, and regulations
- Effectively anticipate and respond promptly to the needs of all guests and vendors
- Responsible for executing the event and leading the securing of buildings at the end of events
- Supports Art Center staff through administrative services and office coordination
- Maintain knowledge of Art Center programs, performances, and events to better serve guests
- Manages multiple short-term and long-term priories in an effective and organized manner in the execution of successful events
- Must be dependable, able to work independently and able to handle cash transactions when required for Arts Center events
- Successfully communicates with a diverse group of stakeholders, visitors, and patrons
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities & Conference Services and Administration
- Inspects facilities utilized to determine if maintenance is required and follows through with closure
$42,000 with an additional and generous benefits package
- 401 (k)
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Vision Insurance
For more information please view and download the PDF: Download PDF Overview
HOW TO APPLY
Please email and submit your resume, cover letter, and references to Andy Sanchez and Maria Todisco at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please email them for more information or any accommodations needed to submit your resume, cover letter, and any references.
The Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center is excited to announce the return of art classes for all ages starting in 2023! With the great diversity and quality of local talent, the Arts Center welcomes anyone interested in teaching one or more arts classes with us. We are actively looking for painting and drawing instructors and welcome a variety of other mediums!
The Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center strives to provide learning opportunities to students and young professionals. Please click the button below to download and print the internship application. Check the box to mark which department you are interested in interning with:
Visual Arts/Collections & Exhibits | Education and Programs | Buell Children's Museum | Marketing and Communications | Graphic Design | Development | Facilities and Conference Services | or simply list your interest.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center! We have a great variety of opportunities throughout the year. To volunteer with us, please complete and return a Volunteer Application to us. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all volunteers, instructors, and staff are subject to completing a successful background check. After completing your application, please also complete the attached Background Check Authorization Form and provide a color copy of your valid driver's license to us. You are welcome to provide those to us via email to email@example.com or you can bring them to us in-person at the Museum's Welcome Center.
Friday Arts Academy Scholarship
Friday Arts Academy is our child and youth arts program which serves students from Kindergarten through 12th Grade. We welcome all students and seek to provide access for everyone. We offer scholarships to as many students as possible each semester.
To apply for a scholarship for our Friday Arts Academy classes, please complete the application form below.
You can return completed applications to Guest Services at the museum’s front desk, email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application to 210 N. Santa Fe Ave, Pueblo, CO 81003 Attn: Ashton Langrick.
Questions: Contact Guest Services at 719-295-7200 or Director of Education and Programs, Ashton Langrick, at 719-295-7200 ext. 7214 or email@example.com.
School of Dance Scholarship
To be considered for the scholarship, please fill out the following form and submit it with your financial documents no later than August 26, 2023.
You can return completed applications to School of Dance at the Box Office front desk, email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application to 210 N. Santa Fe Ave, Pueblo, CO 81003 Attn: School of Dance.
Questions: Call 719-295-7221 or email email@example.com.
The Arts Center Associates
The purpose of this organization will be to create a community-wide interest in the local area to support the Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center by promoting educational activities, events, and services related to the fine arts and humanities. The Arts Center Associates meet the 3rd Tuesday of the Month, September through May.
The policies and activities of this organization may in no instance conflict with the stated purpose of its parent organization, the Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center, and shall be ultimately responsible to the Arts Center Executive Board.
Membership and Dues:
Membership: The membership shall consist of those persons who are members in good standing of the Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center, and who are willing to devote a portion of their time in the furtherance of the purposes of this organization.
Dues: The annual dues of this Organization shall be twenty (20) dollars per year made payable to the Treasurer of this Organization. Dues shall be paid in January and annually thereafter.
Privileges of Membership:
Any member in good standing shall have the right to vote, participated in meetings, and to hold office in this Organization.
For more information or to join The Arts Center Associates, please call Guest Services at (719)-295-7200.
Artist in Residence Program
The Sangre de Cristo Arts & Conference Center strives to provide opportunities for artists to improve their skills and craft. We will be launching a new Artist in Residence Program very soon and will be including details and information here. Please check back periodically for updates and for the application to become available to apply. Thank you for your interest and patience!