This is the best field trip EVER- I want to live here! – Touring Student
"A" Stands for Art Tours
June 7-September 6, 2014
Open Tuesday – Saturday 11am-4pm | Wednesdays 9-4pm
Thursdays July 10, 17, 24, 31: 11am-8pm
Gear up for a multi-sensory, cross-disciplinary world of inspiration and learning with Victorian Curiosities and Inventive Gadgets!
Sponsors: BNSF Railway, R Buck Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc, Alpha Mu Deleta
Book a Tour Today:
Make this summer memorable for your students or campers with a visit to the Buell Children’s Museum and the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. Let us guide you to educational fun.
Your two hour visit includes:
• Theatrical adventure with Captain Nemo and a visit to the Buell Children’s Museum “Full Steam Ahead” exhibition. Click here for more information.
• Visit the Helen T. White Galleries to see the history of steampunk with a fun and informative seek and find activity.
• Age Appropriate Early Childhood tours
• Want more? Ask about workshop options.
• Lunch space available
• Adult and upper level Student tours offered, too!
• Pueblo City Schools and School District #70 prepaid
• Do-it-yourself Self- Guided Tour $3.00 each guest
• Guided Tour $5 each guest
• Members charged tour rate
• 1 adult chaperone for every 7 students please
Tours can be arranged Tuesday through Saturday, starting as early at 9:15am. Please call Donna Stinchcomb, Buell Children’s Museum Curator at 719-295-7205 to discuss your needs. Or email: email@example.com.
Teachers & Group Leaders call 719-295-7205 to book your tour of 10 to 100 guests today.
Please be prepared to give us the planned date and time(s) of your tour, number of students, grade level(s), teacher name(s), phone number(s) and e-mail address(es).
Our Tours Follow the Colorado Common Core Curriculum Standards
Engage and challenge learners with fiction and nonfiction content covering various topics and themes.
Students can compare and contrast important points and key details between historical events, scientific ideas, artistic expressions or technical procedures using language that pertains to time, sequence and cause & effect.
Helps students be able to read and comprehend informational texts, including history & social studies, science and the arts through hands-on activities.
Helps students acquire accurate grade-level conversational, general academic and domain-specific words and phrases, including those that signal spatial and temporal relationships in multiple subjects.
Ideal for reading fluency and vocabulary acquisition from primary sources to create meaningful context.
Activities are offered for a variety of grade levels/complexity for differentiated instruction.
Great for motivating children to learn through speaking, listening, reading, forming and questioning ideas and connecting to real life situations.