Available Job Openings
This position is responsible for effective and efficient leadership, operation and control of building and grounds, including maintenance and janitor staff, other assigned work personnel, and help/fill-in as necessary. Work requires contact with contractors and private entities, employees and general public. The Supervisor has latitude for independent judgment and action within established guidelines.
· Act as facilities & custodial point of contact and resolve issues and concerns for buildings and grounds.
· Monitor buildings and systems and may perform and/or repair items.
· Plan staff and contractor assignments, approve time sheets and invoices, order supplies, and control inventory.
· Develop duties & tasks list for employees and contractors, and inspect work to ensure proper completion.
· Conduct training, development and evaluation of staff and enforce policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Assists in goal setting for the custodial department and recommend work improvements.
· Manages spending and expenses within financial budget guidelines.
· Perform quality assurance inspections and audits of building, HVAC, elevator, safety alarms, etc., and completes forms and reports.
· Assist in and oversee the set-up and tear down of areas for meeting and events.
· Responds to emergencies such as water leaks, backups, and spills.
· Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of job.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License and must pass comprehensive background check.
· 3+ years of custodial or facilities supervision or equivalent experience
· Work experience in building maintenance, operations, housekeeping, grounds keeping and security.
· General carpentry, painting, electrical and plumbing experience required.
· Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions and procedures.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Strong service and quality attitude
· Experience planning, organizing, and directing
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Stand, walk, and climb for extended periods
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
· Requires bending, stooping, reaching
· Ability to work extended hours or varying shifts when necessary
Email resume and three references to Kathy Berg at email@example.com.
Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.